The images I make today are the result of many years of exploration and discovery to understand how we are affected by the world around us, and how we perceive our environment.
It is my desire to express to the viewer the essence of my experience in these places – to evoke the same emotion I felt at the time of the exposure, rather than show what these places look like - I want to show how they feel.
Through the use of long-exposures I have been able to encode the element of time into what would otherwise be a static image. This process has the effect of stripping away the “visual noise” to reveal a world that, while very real, is not experienced visually. We feel it. We sense it. But in general, we don’t see it. With my camera, I am able to translate this hidden world into a visible form for us to contemplate.
It is my hope that, in looking at my work, you may share with me the experience of these places.
My photos has been published in magazines, printed and digital media in most countries in the world. I have received several national and international awards.
If you would like to purchase signed photo or need more information please go to "Prints " page
This site is regularly updated with new images.
Lives at Hvaler islands and Oslo, Norway
- Galleri Albin Up, Oslo 2018
- Seascapes, Galleri T, Stockholm 2017
- Landscapes, Kollektivutstilling, Blank Wall Gallery, Athen 2017
- Cafe Magenta, Fredrikstad, 2016
- Digital Virkelighet, Kollektivutstilling, Fotografiens Hus, Oslo 2013
- Coastal Landscapes, Fotografiens Hus, Oslo 2012
- Premierte foto, Deichmanske bibliotek, Oslo, september 2012
- Photo Place Gallery, Kollektivutstilling, Vermont, USA 2012
- Cafe Cafe, Kollektivutstilling, Oslo 2011
- Kunstgaten, Kollektivutstilling, Oslo 2011
Magazins in i Danmark, USA, Canada, Russland, Kina, Storbritannia, Frankrike, Japan, Italia, Ungarn og Norge.
Represented: Galleri Fineart AS, Oslo
Saatchi Art London
National Geographic, Black & White Magazine USA, and Lenswork USA
Purchased by the Art Group at If Insurance company
Photo Prizes International:
Nominee in Black & White Spider award, London 2012
Merit Awards, B&W Magazine USA 2011
Award in Photo Place Gallery, Vermont, USA 2011
All images contained in this website remain
the property of Jørgen Opsann. Images may not be downloaded, reproduced, copied, projected or used in any way without express written permission